Thursday, May 15, 2008

My love to Grandpa and Motorcycles

To my family and friends with love,

I begin with telling you that my visit with Grandpa Burt last Thursday at St Anthony Hospital was a very cherished time in my life. I arrived to Grandpa's hospital room and sat down next to his bed with tears in my eyes asking "how are you?" His reply was "not good honey". I told Grandpa that I love him to the moon and back and his reply was " I love you morether". Grandpa's breakfast had arrived and I helped feed him eggs, toast, cream of wheat with coffee and juice. I started to cry and so did he. As we wiped each other's tears, Grandpa said "I have seen all that I want to see and I have done all that I have wanted to do".

Last Saturday Tiffany and I went to the Hallmark nursing home to visit Grandpa because we were told that he does not have long to live. Tiffany bent down to give her Great Grandpa a hug and he wrapped his left arm around her to say goodbye. Tiffany and I shared our tears together and talked of wonderful memories. Tyler did not go because he said that he wanted to remember Great Grandpa the way he was at home.

Tuesday night I received a phone call that Grandpa only had hours to live, so I called out from work and spent the night at his side holding his hand. I was there with my Mom Linda and Aunt melody. My mom was tired and could not handle see every breath he took thinking it was his last, so she went home. Grandpa is very stubborn and he will make his journey to heaven when he is ready to.

Today is Thursday May 15, 2008. When I got off from work this morning I went to the nursing home to sit by Grandpa's side and hold his hand for about two hours. I gave him a kiss and hug telling him that I love him to the moon and back then came home to sleep.

I received the phone call from my mom tonight that he passed away at 5:33 pm. He passed away just a couple of minutes after Grandma Dorothy said goodbye and left his room. I guess you can say that we was waiting for just one more kiss,hug and goodbye from his wife of almost 62 years. How beautiful to wait for that one moment.

My motto for years in the past, present and future is to live everyday to the fullest because you never know if it will be the last!!!!!!!!

Guess what? Last weekend Bob and I went to Motorcycle Safety class at Fey Meyers motorcycle world and passed the written exam with a 92 %. Bob passed the written exam with a score of 94%. We both passed the actual riding course. We went to motor vehicle after class to get our endorsement for our driver's license. After spending 5hours on a motorcycle getting sun burned and having helmet hair.........we had to pose for a new photo for our driver's license!!!!!!!! How scary are the photos going to be?? We will find out in a couple of weeks when they show up in the mail.

Oh, in case you are wondering? Yes, I am still smoking due to a nicotine overdose I received from the 7mg patches that the Colorado quit line sent me. They will not send me the gum because you only get to choose one item to use. I will try cutting the patch in half I guess when the time comes.

Take care of you and your loved ones. Always

Love Cindy

No comments: